Friday, May 14, 2010

AHH This Blanket is Nuts!

Good news! The second "L" is done! I had a chance to go down to Texas to visit my sister. We ended up driving there which is both good and bad. It's really bad because it is a very long and (mostly) boring drive from Michigan to Texas and we usually have to split it into two days. The good news is that it gave me a ton of time to work on some more of the double vision blanket. I finished 18 squares total on the trip! With the second "L" done plus one more square, I have 37 squares finished! CRAZY. I still love this blanket so far, although tucking in ends and doing the black edging are both extremely tedious. I'm lucky that the blanket is a complex enough pattern that it keeps me engaged, but is not too complicated to be frustrating. There are times in the pattern I thought "WTF, how do I do that?", but I always seemed to figure it out...so far.

OMG SECOND "L"!


I feel like this blanket is going to be more and more difficult to photograph the bigger it gets. It's supposed to be about 1.4 meters (4.6 feet) square when finished. I already had to stand on a couch to get this picture and if you look at it, you'll realize when I finish the squares, it will be out of this picture. I'll have to figure out something to do. Until then, I'll work on trying to conquer this beast.

I bought some Texas based yarn when I was visiting my sister. It's a Madeline Tosh worsted yarn in a very pretty green. I don't have any pictures of it (or any ideas for it) yet, but soon....very soon I'm sure I'll figure out something.

I also got to go walking with some flamingos at the zoo when I was down there. I'm not going to say what zoo (because it's "behind the scenes"), but those are some of the perks you get when you have a family member as a zookeeper ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment