Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sending to LOWO



Yesterday (St. Patrick's Day), I sent my first box to LOWO. It contained a bunch of items in it. Including a starghan (star shaped afghan), color block blanket made from scrap yarn (far left), toy giraffe, a yellow baby hat, a pink cables and bobbles baby outfit, a
"little man baby sweater", the blanket and stuffy I mentioned in an earlier post, 2 pairs of booties, a set that includes a baby hat and booties, another crochet afghan that I made probably 15ish years ago when I initially learned to crochet (purple and green one), and a cat with kitty ears on it (hey now, it was cool when I started it...6 years ago).





















I made a number of these items recently, but there were a lot that I had in my house that just accumulated throughout the years. I'm glad that they are finally going to people who will hopefully appreciate them and get some good use out of them. It felt awesome to send this box - making crafts for this cause has helped me to find something I'm passionate about and gives me some drive to try new projects.

And to top it off, I mailed them in a dog treat box...be jealous.





One of the projects I included (the pink outfit) I entered in the local county youth fair back in 2005. I ended up winning Reserve Grand Champion for knitting and crocheting and I just recently found it in my room after all these years. I'm very excited that some little baby will have this outfit and hopefully make the parents and baby happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment